Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Is it that difficult to speak in English ? ..Try these tips

During my school days,I noticed that  a few of my Chinese classmates,spoke with a good command of Bahasa Melayu.

I knew, Chinese and English were used frequently in their daily life.
Malay neighbours ? .I guessed, there was not even a single Malay family in the neighbourhood.

True enough,   "Bahasa Baku" was their choice. 

Approaching one of them,I asked  Lian, why the Bahasa Baku ?
He said " I know Malay only in school,you and the others speak Malay with difference slang"

He used to read a lots of Malay books, One thing , for sure , Lian would not immediately responded when  I ask him , " Lian , lepas baca, bagi saya terus buku tu".

He was a library prefect, borrowing from the library is just a matter of handing over my library card to him,I did not have to make my way to the library.

It took  a few seconds,for him to answer .With a smile ,he uttered the words " sebenarnya, saya sememangnya ada keinginan untuk memberikan buku ini kepada kamu"

I learned the secret from those guys.
In order to speak in English ;-
  1. You must have a good vocabulary
  2. Before you open your mouth, in your mind, start to process , how to arrange for the sentences
  3. Use gesture such smiling, to help you overcome the tendency to response immediately.
You would not be able to do No 2 if your vocabulary is limited, Reading helps you a lot.

No 3 give you some ample time on what you want to say.Otherwise you will start  to tremble and once,panic strike you, everything seem blank !

 Practise the above 3 tips,at least you could have a smooth conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Bersih Belakang Rumah IV

 Hari keempat 26/10/23,khamis , hari terakhir , dah siap bersihkan Sempadan